Spring 2 - Tiger Trouble!
This half term we will be using the NCETM scheme of planning.
The four main areas that we will cover and revisit are;
- ordinality, cardinality and counting
- increase confidence in subitising by continuing to explore patterns within 5, including structured and random arrangements
- explore a range of patterns made by some numbers greater than 5, including structured patterns in which 5 is a clear part
- experience patterns which show a small group and ‘1 more’
- continue to match arrangements to finger patterns.
Cardinality, ordinality and counting
- continue to develop verbal counting to 20 and beyond
- continue to develop object counting skills, using a range of strategies to develop accuracy
- continue to link counting to cardinality, including using their fingers to represent quantities between 5 and 10
- order numbers, linking cardinal and ordinal representations of number.
- continue to explore the composition of 5 and practise recalling ‘missing’ or ‘hidden’ parts for 5
- explore the composition of 6, linking this to familiar patterns, including symmetrical patterns
- begin to see that numbers within 10 can be composed of ‘5 and a bit’.
- continue to compare sets using the language of comparison, and play games which involve comparing sets
- continue to compare sets by matching, identifying when sets are equal
- explore ways of making unequal sets equal.
Please follow the link to see what we will be covering in our weekly PSHE lessons.