Bradley Barton works closely with our Sustrans officer Helen Morse in order to develop sustainable and healthy travel to school.
We plan regular events throughout the school year to support and encourage alternative ways to travel to school including;
- Bikeability training for children in years 5 and 6
- Be Safe, Be Seen awareness in autumn and winter, including sales of reflective equipment, assemblies and whole school competitions to be bright
- a weekly reward scheme where children may find a 'golden ticket on their bike or scooter and can exchange this for a prize
- use of the bike powered smoothie make in sports week
- free breakfast sessions for those cycling/scooting to school
- whole school involvement in the Big Pedal and Leg it to Lapland competitions
- Dr. Bike day led by staff from the Green Machine BMX bike shop in Kingsteignton
- investment of 30 balance bikes for EYFS with learn to ride sessions led by Helen Morse, Sustrans
These events are supported by the Pedal Power crew; a group of children in school who promote active travel to school.
If you would like to know more about active travel at Bradley Barton, please speak to Mr Wootton